Where flower blooms so does hope – Lady Bird Johnson
Keeping fresh flowers in your household can bring many beneficial effects.
- decorates your home
- pop of color
- improves the quality of the air
- gives a nice fragrance
- improves productivity
- makes you more creative
- makes you happier and improves your mood
- memories can be aroused
I am always excited when someone brings me fresh flowers. Today is our 4th wedding anniversary and my husband brought me some bright red roses and it made my day instantly. The colors and fragrance of flowers make me happy and they give me hope. Flowers need some care in order to stay beautiful for a longer time. So does life. You need to take care of yourself, the people around you and the relationships you have. For me flowers symbolize the fact that life is all about caring and motivate me to do better.
So always keep some fresh flowers and enjoy the free benefits.
Be the change that you want to see in the world – Mahatma Gandhi
This is one of my favorite quotes. Most of us hope that the world may change to a better place some day. But we sometimes forget that we could contribute to the change.
This is my wall tattoo in the study room. I spend the majority of my time at home there. Not only to study but that room is also my creative room. I have fotos, inspirational quotes or anything which motivates me to do better. Every time I’ve visited a new place in the world I will stick a swarovski crystal (white spots) on this tattoo as a reminder. Every country and every place you go differ from each other. The people and their culture are unique in their own way and every time you learn something new.
My world tattoo is not only a reminder of my travel destinations. It is my motivation to do better. I want to achieve something in life to make the earth a better place for other generation. We have caused many bad things to our world (pollution, world war..) and that fact won’t be changed by looking back. We can only make it better and learn from our mistakes.
It inspires me with new ideas and hope. Every person has a spot on this world so everyone should feel responsible to take care of it.
Traveling has showed me the beauty of the earth. So many beautiful places, nature, people, cultures and those deep blue oceans.
Let’s try to keep the beauty alive..
Put up the inspiration on your wall too!
A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude and your mood
Many of you may wonder why I chose this particular name. What does the name actually mean? Why sparkling lifestyle?
Well, for me health has the highest priority. It doesn’t only mean physical health. Different aspects lead to a good health leading to a sparkling lifestyle.
Physical as well as mental health are crucial for a humans life. How are we supposed to live our lives if we don’t feel good (in and outside)?
We all know that eating healthy and excising leads to a better physical health. What can we do to maintain our mental health? Following things have helped me so far:
- happiness – you need to be happy in order to be living your life to the fullest; live your life in a way which makes you more happy
- working on yourself – the world is constantly changing and the expectations on us too; we need to work on ourself to keep up in order to get what we want in life
- beauty – enhancing your beauty from outside as well as inside is another important aspect. Feeling beautiful from the outside is not enough. Feeling beautiful from the inside too will make you more happy and satisfied about life and yourself
- broaden your mind – you need to get out of your comfort zone; try new things and travel around. This will definitely change your way of thinking and make you see things from a different angle
I want to share my experiences with this kind of lifestyle with you. Live the sparkling lifestyle.
The Five Minute Journal – Intelligent Change Inc.
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions – Dalai Lama
Starting every day with a positive thought and something you are grateful for is a great way towards more positivity in your life. Starting and ending your day with gratitude is scientifically proven to have a positive impact psychologically.
I started using the 5 Minute Journal by Intelligent Change Inc. a couple of months ago. The journal will help you to keep focus on the good things in your life and get rid of the negativity.
Our world can be full of negativity sometimes. People who may try to drag you down or always have something to criticize on you. It can be also a phase in your life where things just don’t work out the way you wish which then can cause negativity in you.
Sparing 5 minutes each day can help you lead your life into a positive direction.
How the journal works:
Every day starts with a motivational quote. In the morning you have to note three things which you should note down right after getting up:
- what you are grateful for
- what would make today great
- daily affirmations
At the end of the day you have to note down two other things to finish off the day:
- 3 amazing things that happened today
- what you could have done to make today better
Practicing gratitude can have following beneficial effects on your (mental) health:
- stronger immune system as well as lower blood pressure
- you will develop more positive emotion
- you will feel more joy, happiness and and generally more optimism
- you will have more generosity and compassion
- you might feel less lonely and isolated
To be honest I was not able to do this every single day as I forget it sometimes. But I can say that when I use it I feel more relaxed and see the day from a different perspective. I can finish the day off in a proper day and go to bed with a free mind and more grateful.
You should try it out.
The way we spend our time defines who we are – Jonathan Estrin
Dropping the phone while switching off the alarm, getting out of the door without spilling your coffee or running like you are in a marathon to catch your train. Who doesn’t know the feeling of having to little time?
We live in a world where we have to be on time always and in everything we do.
Our lifestyle may differ but at the end of the day we all have the same aim: we want to accomplish our unique goals in life. For that we have to work hard and time plays a crucial part in that process.
I am in gradschool doing a masters in Life Sciences but at the same time I am a wife too. I have to clean our apartment, do the laundry and so on. My husband is a huge help in the household but when it comes to cooking I prefer to do it by myself. Otherwise I would be eating pasta or salad all the time (hehe).
They key to manage everything is to manage your time well.
Even though nowadays time becomes more imporant than it used to be several years ago our day has only 24h which won’t change to any circumstances.
How can you achieve everything with (my) much needed 8.5h of sleep? Well, again time management guys.
- You need a planner -I know many people use their phone for everything. They keep track of their appointments, make notes and plan ahead. But I highly recommend keeping a proper journal where you can write stuff. Personally I find that phones can be overwhelming at times. You use it to make phone calls, check your E-Mails or all of the social media. With such a chaos I am not able to organize my life and keep track on my appointments. Maybe you are a genius and you can do it well.
- Prioritize! You cannot do everything at the same time. Make a list of the things which need to be done first and work things off by the list
- Do the things with passion – when you keenly engage yourself with the things you do, you start to enjoy them and then it does not seem like something you need to do
- Reward yourself – it’s always nice to reward yourself after you have accomplished an important task. It can be a piece of really good dark chocolate or your favorite TV show in your break (oh yeah)
- Make time for the things you love. You can work hard towards your goals but what is the point when you get stressed out and develop anxiety because you don’t get time to relax. Spare about 2h per day for yourself. Do sports, watch your favorite show or just spend time with your loved ones. This is essential for your mental health and overall happiness.
Hope this will help some of you guys.
My two weeks adventure in America is over and I am
Although I miss America already and wish I could be there right now I am really looking forward to going home.
Who does not know that feeling? You love travelling and discovering new places but sometimes you do wish to be at your place where you feel “home”.
I learned so many new things during this trip and my guide was definitely a huge inspiration.
Few of the many important things he said:
– you are responsible for your own happiness
– ask the question why, whatever you see or hear ask yourself why is that so
– to keep memories alive, you have to talk about them
I don’t know whether I will ever see him again but I will never forget him and the things he showed and told us. But hey who doesn’t know the saying “you always meet twice”. You never know.
I will post the itinerary of my trip separated by days on my blog so it won’t be too long.
Now it means back to normal stuff. School, housewife stuff and so on.
My next adventure is end of June. I am going to a different continent far far away hehe. So follow me on instagram if you want to see where my next adventure will be. (thesparklinglifestyleblog)