Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions – Dalai Lama
Starting every day with a positive thought and something you are grateful for is a great way towards more positivity in your life. Starting and ending your day with gratitude is scientifically proven to have a positive impact psychologically.
I started using the 5 Minute Journal by Intelligent Change Inc. a couple of months ago. The journal will help you to keep focus on the good things in your life and get rid of the negativity.
Our world can be full of negativity sometimes. People who may try to drag you down or always have something to criticize on you. It can be also a phase in your life where things just don’t work out the way you wish which then can cause negativity in you.
Sparing 5 minutes each day can help you lead your life into a positive direction.
How the journal works:
Every day starts with a motivational quote. In the morning you have to note three things which you should note down right after getting up:
- what you are grateful for
- what would make today great
- daily affirmations
At the end of the day you have to note down two other things to finish off the day:
- 3 amazing things that happened today
- what you could have done to make today better
Practicing gratitude can have following beneficial effects on your (mental) health:
- stronger immune system as well as lower blood pressure
- you will develop more positive emotion
- you will feel more joy, happiness and and generally more optimism
- you will have more generosity and compassion
- you might feel less lonely and isolated
To be honest I was not able to do this every single day as I forget it sometimes. But I can say that when I use it I feel more relaxed and see the day from a different perspective. I can finish the day off in a proper day and go to bed with a free mind and more grateful.
You should try it out.