In todays hectic world we mostly eat quickly and grab food on the way. To live a healthy life it is crucial to know what you eat and take up in your body. I want to know what I eat and which nutrients I take into my body hence I try as much as I can to cook my meals myself.
Due to the fact that I have an indian background I like to cook indian food now and then.
Who can live without spicy food? Nobody right.. hehe.
Anyways I want to share this recipe with you guys which is a healthier alternative of Curry with Rice.
Cook your Quinoa according to the instructions of the package
– finely chop one onion into small pieces
– cut 2 tomatoes into small cubes
– dice chillies according to your desire of spiciness (you will add chili powder too)
– heat up a pan with a little bit of oil
– season the oil with cumin seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds
– add the chopped onions and fry until golden brown
– add the diced tomatoes until it becomes a little bit like a paste
– add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste to increase the flavor and get the right consistency
– parallely drain the chickpeas (already cooked ones) or the freshly cooked chickpeas which needed to be soaked in water overnight (I prefer the fresh chickpeas cooked by myself)
– add the chickpeas to the paste
– now is the time to add a little bit of water
– include 1-2 teaspoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, a pinch of tumeric powder and salt to taste
– let it simmer for about 15-20 min until you get the right consistency
Serve hot with Quinoa.